With the last round of chemo complete on December 12th, ( each one has had a little different side effects - this one being nausea which I hadn't had before with the other three - guess I needed to experience them all!) I had my repeat PET scan on Monday the 22nd. In case you are wondering what a PET scan is: PET stands for Positron Emission Tomography.
PET scans are more effective in pinpointing the source of cancer. This is possible because many cancer cells are highly metabolic and synthesize the radioactive glucose (sugar) that is injected (then you have to lie to in the dark without reading or doing anything for an hour) prior to the exam. The areas of high glucose uptake are more accurately displayed in the scan imagery showing active tumors and whether or not they have spread to other areas in the body.
Now we wait for the results which we will hopefully get when I meet with the oncologist on the 30th. But on this Christmas Eve when we celebrate the life of Him who gave us everything, I wish to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers. No matter what the outcome on the 30th, every day that I have been granted with my family and friends around me, every day that I have felt great, have been a miracle - miracles you have prayed for and I have received!!
May this be your most blessed Christmas of all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have given me!
My Family - November 2008
I have a family here on earth; they are so dear to me. I want to spend my life with them through all eternity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ruth,
You are an amazing person. I have always admired the relationship you have with your girls. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Becky Wilson
(Heidi's sister-in-law)
Ruth~
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was you who made the stocking for me to bring my "Christmas Baby" (born Dec. 15th) home from the hospital in!! Some years I don't put many decorations out, but that stocking is hung in its special place every year no matter what! I have a photo we took at the hospital pinned to the stocking so everyone can see Natalie inside the stocking just before we left to go home! And if I have the story right, you made one for me (and probably many others?!) because you wanted to carry on a tradition that had been shared with you at a hospital in Provo--is that right?! So which of your kids was born in December?!!
You're in my thoughts and prayers!
Hugs, Shauna in CA
Post a Comment