I spent a couple of weeks with my kids in Colorado - although I felt pretty lousy, whether from the radiation, the high altitude or whatever, it was wonderful to see rain, to go up in the canyon and throw rocks in the river and make s'mores, to read an entire book from cover to cover and to be so pampered by loving family, to read books with the little ones and just enjoy the blessing of being together with those I love.
I saw the oncologist on the 15th, he told me I looked good on paper (he's pretty funny) meaning everything looked good including very low cancer markers. The CT scan is scheduled for the 4th of August and another follow up with the oncologist where we'll get some better answers a week later. In the meantime, my body is slowly recovering from its abuse and I'm feeling stronger every day. Following the appointment with the CTCA oncologist, I will be finished with CTCA and will probably go straight to hospice - it depends on what the scan shows. I have a bit of a hard time going to hospice since I feel so much better and somehow that feels like I'm giving up the fight just waiting around to die, but since we have decided on no further treatment, they are there to help you gain the most from the time you have left. Tune in a couple of weeks from now and see how everything plays out!
Once again I thank you all for your love and support, we're coming up on one year since this all began - and thanks to your faith, prayers, and support I'm still kicking away and SO GRATEFUL for the time I have had since being diagnosed with mesothelioma. I often wonder if it would be better to go quickly (like a car accident or something) or have time like I have had - although it has been a tough year for all of us, I would not trade the time I have had with my family and friends - it has been a blessing to me!
My Family - November 2008
I have a family here on earth; they are so dear to me. I want to spend my life with them through all eternity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You go girl! We are glad you are still kicking. A woman as tough as you are, cannot go without a fight. Only I cannot picture you as a fighter. You always have such a cute smile on your face. I guess it's an internal fight for life. And you are fighting the fight with a great attitude! You are still such a great example to us all. We are so glad to hear something! Family is really all that matters right now. We are so happy that you are getting some quality time with them! We continue to pray for you and know the Lord is watching out for you and yours. You are a special woman! Thanks! Lynn and Family
You have touched and changed so many lives through this journey. You are such an example to me - I admire and love you so much!!
Hi, so glad you are done with treatment....
I enjoyed your visit...you made us all feel special for the time given...you are in my thohgts and prayers. You are truly a blessing to all. Love you,Gail
Hey Ruth! Thinking about you today, and of course in prayer for a GOOD report after your CT scan is reviewed! We love you here at HSAG!
Hugs from Patrice and the gang!!
Hi Ruth!
I have you in my prayers today too and hope the report is favorable. I am finally getting something in the mail to you today...hope it brings some comfort and peace. I love you!
Cecily
Post a Comment